"Just guess, boys wanna touch my chest." Because starting your day off with a "Bring It On" cheer is a sure fine way to make it successful right? Anyway, there are quite a few pretty new faces around these blog parts after the festivities that went down yesterday. And new faces mean it's time for a little "Who the heck is this random chick behind this random blog" type of post so that you can get to know me see that I continuously talk about myself.
But before we get to me blabbering about all of the hobbies (that I don't have), I'd like to pause for a second to discuss yesterday. It was a pretty exciting day here at Two Thirds Hazel because the giveaway that I've been putting together went live and I was happier than a bird with a french fry. Okay, happier than a bird with a double Big Mac and XL fry because it's been so successful that we're almost at 10,000 entries. Holy Toledo! I don't think I've ever retweeted and favorited so many tweets in my entire life! The positive feedback and outpouring of love from everyone blew my flippin' mind and reinforced exactly why I thought it was such a unique and useful idea in the first place. I appreciate and thank everyone who emailed, commented, and tweeted letting me know they loved it.
But there are two sides to every story blog idea so there was, unfortunately, a little bit of negative Nancy syndrome floating around about it. This is completely fine since we're all adults and are allowed to forge our own opinions about anything and everything, but I did just want to set something straight: This giveaway, by no means, should give anyone the impression that you can only get advice from bloggers if you enter. Or that you will only receive a response back from someone if you win it. This is just silly. I never want any of my readers to feel intimidated or bad about reaching out to me for anything. I love hearing from you! One last thing: none of the ladies participating went into this thing thinking they were some sort of "celebrity" nor do they think they are better than anyone else. I personally picked every single one of them to come play in this thing with me so if anyone thinks that they're celebrities, it's me. I sincerely apologize to anyone who felt otherwise and/or who had a bad taste in their mouth after coming across a giveaway that is supposed to be exciting, fun and helpful! If only we could all search for the good in things instead of the negative...
But now that that's out of the way, let's return to our regularly scheduled programming. If you've been around here for awhile you might run into some things you already know. But I guess that just makes you a genius. And me really uncreative when it comes to coming up with new material for these "About Me" posts. So there's the first thing you should know...let's check out some others, shall we?
1. I really like numbered lists. If I could fit my entire life into a numbered list I probably would.
2. This is me. This is my face. I look like a twelve year old that should be carrying a Lisa Frank binder down the hallways of junior high while making sure my Tamagotchi is still alive. I also joke about looking like a child more than I probably should.
3. When I was little I used to think my stuffed animals were alive. Just like in Toy Story. I'd try to sneak a quick peek to see if they'd start moving after I left the room. I even used to make my mom partially unzip my suitcases when traveling so that they wouldn't "suffocate" inside. I was such a good Beanie Baby momma.
4. You will want to kill yourself after you realize how often I talk about wanting a puppy. If you have a puppy, I will creepishly take secret pictures of it on the street. If you have a puppy and I have several beers in my system, I will creepishly pet it for about thirty minutes on the street.
5. I don’t like bread or any doughy/floury foods. And no this isn't some lame diet gimmick...I haven’t liked any of that nonsense since I was little. I only eat pizza if it's super thin crust and even then I probably won't love it. I cut my burgers with a fork and knife because I don’t like buns, not because I'm classy. And I don't really enjoy cakes, pastries, muffins, donuts, strudels, pies, etc. I'm also not a normal human apparently...
6. My favorite time of the entire year is from Thanksgiving Eve to Christmas Day. The decorations, the family get togethers, the tables and tables of food, the movies, the overall happiness and pure joy in the world. There's hands down nothing better. If there was a name for this period of time my future child would absolutely be named after it.
7. I'm a quarter Danish and want to go to Denmark so, so bad (even though I don't like Danishes). My nana was born and raised in there until she married my WWII soldier of a grandfather and moved to America.
8. I currently live in New York City aka the best city in the whole wide world. But I come from a tiny country town in Upstate New York where there are more cows than humans. With that comes some kick-ass scenery like this though.
9. I really despise pants. If I'm home there is about a 99% chance that I do not have pants on. They're just so constricting. And pointless. Very pointless.
10. Lately I've been obsessed with all things typography and graphic design. I could probably sit on font websites for hours at a time and not hate my life for a second. This obsession led to my new found hobby of designing blogs as well as my new addiction of making little graphics of quotes. Like the one from yesterday that you can download as an iPhone wallpaper here. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that but apparently (a very small number of) you guys keep asking, so away I give.
And that's all I have for you today. Make sure you say hi if you're new around here because I'd certainly love to meet your face. And maybe you. And maybe your blog too. Oh and be sure to enjoy your Wednesday while you're at it - if you can add some wine into your adventures then you win all the happy awards today.